Monday, June 16, 2008
First Week ♥ 7:31 AM
The most motivating thing about the first week in Scott Hall, was the fact the I had to be responsible for my time and how I manage it. I had to make sure that I got enough sleep and that I used my study time to work on homework. This forced me to utilize my time wisely rather than waste it. The most encouraging thing was the thought of getting college credit at the end of the five week program because it would save me money and give me experience with a college course.
The most challenging thing about the first week at Scott Hall was the first day when we went to the camp in Ashland. I thought it was difficult because it was the first day with people I didn't know and the physical activity of the obstacle course was hard because I wasn't wearing the right clothes. I think it's just because it was the first day, and first days are always a little awkward.
I learned that I can handle living at college and, so far, handle a college course. Throughout the first week of Summer Scholars, I followed the schedule and I invested my time and everything went smoothly. I wrote down the assignments from my instructor, and I checked my UNO account for updates on my other requirements. I also made friends with the people in Summer Scholars.
The experience of living in Scott Hall has had a positive impact on me because it gave me experience on what living at college is like. It also allowed me to get to know some of my other fellow peers in the program as well. I also learned to be more wary of how I use my time and when I should work and when I can play. I also thought that the activities we did during the first week were fun and helped get everyone to know each other better.
Posted.